Thursday, September 10, 2015

Am I a little insane?

As the ol' Magic 8 Ball would say: "Signs point to yes".

Spell Fade is doing very well.  Better than I would have ever let myself hope for, actually.  Not better than I ever dreamed, because, hey, I'm a writer, and my imagination had better be pretty big.

It's landed in the hands (digitally speaking, of course) of close to 2000 people now, and the Amazon Kindle stats tell me that KU users have collectively read about 750,000 pages.  It's received 20 mostly positive reviews on Amazon and 54 mostly positive ratings on Goodreads.  A large percentage of those reviews mention wanting to see more of the characters, and even looking forward to a sequel.  So, what am I doing?

I'm writing a vampire novel.

That's right, I'm writing in a completely different genre, with totally unrelated characters.  As I check my stats, read my reviews, and look at sales, I gotta ask myself: am I a little insane?  The answer is 'yes'.  Of course I am.  I have to write the book that wants to be written, and right now, for better or worse, that is this horror novel.

For those of you looking for a sequel, fret not.  I will circle back around to the world of Spell Fade, probably as soon as the next book.  Until then ... how does everybody feel about a vampire novel?

No comments:

Post a Comment