Monday, March 19, 2012

The First Chapter

I've started working on another novel.  I looked through my list of ideas and picked the one that screamed the loudest.  I'm excited about getting it written and I'm also serious about getting it done within a reasonable amount of time.

Now, if I can just get through the first chapter.

I like to write the first draft on 3x5 notebooks and then edit as I type it in to the computer.  I've already ripped out and restarted the chapter twice now.  I already know how the next chapter starts and I'm thinking ahead on how I want things to happen, but I can't decide what to explain in the first chapter.  So frustrating.  Even more so, because I know this chapter will get the most rewrites and edits as the story unfolds.  Oh, well, for now it is that ever so familiar - one step forward, two steps back.

No comments:

Post a Comment